Non US Resident travelling to Niagara

The place to talk about the world famous waterfall attraction, the tourism, and the condition of each side of the border.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 12:16 am


I am a non US resident staying in michigan. I am here on H1visa. Can anyone please assist me with the procedure for a non us resident to visit Niagara falls by road from michigan since it crosses through the canadian border?
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:58 pm
Camera Model: Canon 5D2
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

My Thai wife who is coming to the USA with me in August on a 10 year US tourist visa requires a Canadian tourist visa to travel to the Canadian side of the falls. My guess is that you will need the same. The requirements for receiving a Canadian visa are extremely long (compared to the requirements for my wife's US visa). The process can be handled online. The information here should get you started:

Hope this helps.
User avatar
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:01 pm
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket
Location: Rochester, NY

Sounds like you will need to go around the lake or fly. crossing into Canada would be a convenience. The visa process may not be worth the hassle or happen quickly enough.
Post Reply