President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Welcome Lisa!
dps77
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Power Shot G11

Hi Lisa, welcome. I posted two of your photos from CR in the Light Painting Discussion. Well done. Dave :up: :up:
theothermonalisa
Rookie
Camera Model: pentax k1000 and canon powershot a590is

Thank you all for your very warm welcome
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Hello all!

I've posted in the forums a couple times already but neglected to post here to introduce myself!!

My name is Andy, I'm 32 and I live in Endicott, NY which is just to the west of Binghamton in Broome County. I've lived here almost all my life, living 2 years in Rochester, and 7 months in Cleveland, OH. I returned to New York from Ohio on June 1, 2009. I am currently working at a convenience store near my home while I attend college for a degree in Information Technology. I have been working with computers in one way or another since I was 12 years old, I just never went to college to get my degree. In this job market today, a degree is a necessity regardless of the field, and I have suffered for not having one.

My interests include most things tech and science. Obviously computers are a primary interests, with aviation, astronomy, electronics (designing and building), and music (I play guitar poorly and most brass insturments fairly well) following shortly after.

My passion is waterfalls. I've loved waterfalls since I was very young. I've also loved hiking and being outdoors - nature is a great place to put life's problems into perspective. Prior to moving to Ohio, I had started climbing waterfalls in long-time favorite Shindagin Hollow near Ithaca. The falls in Shindagin are all fairly small and that let me cut my teeth on them, so to speak. My return to New York was emotional and not exactly by choice, and this summer found me hiking quite a bit while trying to shed some light on my situation. I spent a lot of time in Shindagin Hollow, and explored other parts of the Finger Lakes Trail that are within a reasonable drive from my house. One day I decided to take an extended trip from Endicott to Naples and explore Conklin Gully. I fell in love. A few weeks later, I hiked Grimes Glen and realized how "settled" my mind is when I'm climbing, how much I truly enjoy climbing, and that I needed to spend more time climbing for my own mental health. I returned to both Conklin and Grimes several more times, and also explored other glens and gullies in the Finger Lakes region before the weather turned and the season was over.

The summer's experiences climbing waterfalls have been life changing for me. I'm anxiously awaiting the spring so that I can get back to climbing. I've targeted several falls that I want to climb this season, and I'll most likely be sharing my journeys here.

Hope everyone has a safe winter, and perhaps I'll run into one of you on the falls this year!
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Welcome Spec!
spec wrote:
realized how "settled" my mind is when I'm climbing, how much I truly enjoy climbing, and that I needed to spend more time climbing for my own mental health.
Climbing and exploring waterfalls has always had that affect on me as well :)
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Welcome!
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Well put spec, and it's a pleasure to have you "aboard."
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

hey Spec!
Welcome to the community and welcome back to NY. It was cool to read your "story". :)

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau