Your 10 Best Photos of 2012

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Great shots ADWheeler!
Where is that Skull Falls at Letchworth? It looks like it could be one of the falls on Silver Lake Outlet?
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Mikell,
I really enjoy your people pictures.Wyatt and the Cat Door is my favorite. I think you can crop it 100 different ways and it would come up a treasure any way it's spliced. Your whole selection is great. I also now wonder how chrysanthemums taste.

Jeduthan,
I like your Summit Lake Dam shot the best because it looks refreshing and I want to jump in! I also like how you cropped it tight instead of shooting all of the waterfall, which is a technique I have been trying to do more of myself. That abandoned canal shot looks "eErie" ;)
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Kyle,
Obviously Storyland is going to be my favorite--It's an amazing shot and the best I have seen of that gully-ever! And although I love your concert photos, your landscapes all stand out on top for me (because I'm biased!). Also I think your moose pic definitely stands among the rest.

Brett,
What can I say, you step in again with another phenomenal collection. Sharptop Mountain is my favorite and that could have won our Monochrome Challenge easily. I also like the almost high key look of Adam's Falls.

Andy,
Black Hole Jupiter is phenomenal! Although the steel wool exposure is quite popular on sites like Flickr, I haven't seen it done with such regard to exposure, composition and technical ability. Everything is sharp and exposed so well. The depth is superb. The colors are magical. Easily my favorite because I recognize the difficulty and that it represents a form of performance art inside of a capture art. Very well-done. Eldorado Canyon Gold Mine shot is excellent too. Perfect tone for that! I'm checking out that gallery now.
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

What a superb collection of photos Andy. All of them are so interesting and you need to stop and study them in detail to really appreciate the great processing.
I love great landscapes like yours ...but I'm mostly drawn to the quirky ones like Driven to Death and Edlorado Mine ...things you don't see every day...at least not in MY world. ;)
I'm going to take some time to check out your collections too. Inspiring.

And Matt...thanks for the comments on my selection too. Glad you liked that cat door photo as much as I did. I took about 20 photos of him going in and out that day...so I got a big variety of "crops". It's such a funny series of pics. :)
Mikell
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Bremer - your work is ethereal, really love the mood it convey's. Supremely jealous of a trip to New Zealand!
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

I really went nuts this past year trying to perfect pano's, plus a lot more of putting people into my landscapes. I enjoy those types of shots.

St. Maarten

NYC

Elbridge, NY

The Badlands, South Dakota

Great Sand Dunes NP, Colorado

Lower Blue Lake, Ouray, Colorado

Brown's Tract Pond, ADK

Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Tracy Lake, Tully, NY
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Red House Sawmill - Allegany State Park - 10/20/12

Stony Brook State Park - 9/22/12

Thurmond, WV - 7/31/12

New River Gorge, WV - 7/30/12

Spruce Knob, WV - 7/28/12

Fort Niagara - 7/14/12

Bent Run, PA - 7/7/12

Woodlawn Beach State Park - 3/17/12

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Matt...
your panos are amazing...especially love NYC...
but for me...
the standouts are the landscapes with people...
Elbridge, NY is so beautiful
The Badlands are breathtaking...
and especially The Great Sand Dunes...that is awesome!
A wonderful set!

Cbobcat...
I could look at that first one - Red House Sawmill - all day! such great light and shadow.
And I really love the US Post office in West Virginia too...like something out of an old movie.
Well seen...and nice set of photos too.

:) mikell
Mikell