Your 10 Best Photos of 2012

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I could look at that first one - Red House Sawmill - all day! such great light and shadow.
Thanks! Would you look at it differently if I told you those are porcupine turds all over the floor? :crap: :lol:
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Hahaha! NO! Not at all.
I was taking pictures of Deer droppings in the woods behind my house today!
;)
Mikell
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Matt & Cbobcat, great stuff.

Matt, the colors in the pannos are vibrant. If you forced me to choose, my favorites might be the badlands sunrise and the girl in the green field. You had a busy year traveling. Cbobcat the last one and first one, how different. I like the feel of the last one. Also like the waterfall. It is like cliff, a sheer drop off. Nice collection.

david
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Matt, your colors are phenomenal!
I particularly love the composition and tone of the "Great Sand Dunes NP" panoramic.

Chris, your shots are stellar. You should post more photos throughout the year. I'm trying to decide a favorite form the first 3, which I love. I'm going to go with the first Stony brook shot. I was there in the fall and shot for a full day from every vantage I could get to, and yet I didn't capture such a scene with a good dynamic of light and dark, wet and dry. It's a fantastic "It's like I'm there" composition.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Great photos Matt and Chris!

Matt, I really enjoy your St. Maarten pano, mostly because I have been to that same spot and it speaks to me However that was in my day of disposable cameras and as one could imagine...I didn't bring home an image like that to cherish for years.

Chris I really like your New River Gorge pano....love how you captured the railroad trestle spanning the gorge and the curve.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Oops I missed Brett and Andy's pics...

Brett...I love the Blacksburg pic...great detail and color going on there! The rest of them make me want to get out more and discover whats in dem dar hills ;)

Andy...whats not to appreciate about capturing a full rainbow? Great photos!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
JPaige
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Wow, you guys took some really amazing photos in 2012!

Taughannock Falls by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

Kent Park Pond by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

Showdown by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

Green on Green by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

Blue Jay by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

African Lion by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

Irondequoit Bay Outlet by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

small hands by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

baldfix by pinnicktabor, on Flickr

Predator by pinnicktabor, on Flickr
shutbug
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon Mark II, Canon 10D

With not being able to get out and photograph much this past year it wasn't extremely hard to choose 10, and my "oh, and I forgot, one more". Not all are my best work but I'm working on being more willing to share my photos. I know I'm not as technically proficient as most here, but I thought I would post anyway in hopes of any tips on how to improve.

[important]Photo set removed due to expired links - See identical but edited set in later post[/important]
Last edited by Kelly on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed expired links