Cool new photography gadgets

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

ApproachingLight wrote:Go Pro 3

Not sure this is a "new" gadget, but check out the video...

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition
My nephew actually got that for Christmas...........and he plays the trombone. I'm sure this is WAY too tame for him, but - I would like him to make me a video just like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI14uCX8msI

(And yes. I've seen the remix. :down:)
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

With that "Gro Pro" camera attached, will start giving a lot of people new ideas what to attach it too! Interesting video, makes me dizzy watching it! LOL !
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Trombone!? Kelly the video is not longer there.Darn. I am surprised at the quality. For the price, it seems very good. Be curious if anyone has had any personal experience with it.

David
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

ApproachingLight wrote:Trombone!? Kelly the video is not longer there.Darn. I am surprised at the quality. For the price, it seems very good. Be curious if anyone has had any personal experience with it.
David
Hmmmm. Ok. I fixed it. We'll see if that one lasts.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

i was thinking about buying a gopro and attaching it to a small raft and sending it over falls like Taughannock. Would make for great footage.
No budget for it now though.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Exactly. Doing a rafting trip in June and thought this might be a pretty cool way to get some footage.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I just received my Tube for my Coolpix P510. It came two weeks earlier than planned! An extra that I got was the tube is two pieces. So there's no "tubing" effect at minimum opening.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Today I recieved my "Magfilter CPL", for my Coolpixs S9050 camera. In the companies picture of the carry bag that comes with it, looks like it's a stiff constructed bag. But it's not, it's actually a soft plyable case. I cleaned off the surface area and mounted the mag-ring to camera. I had one problem: When I closed up camera, the over hanging edge of ring adheard to the next ajacent metal sleeve on camera, and would not open back up. I took ring off and open camera back up, remounted ring and ran a light coating of vasoline around the exposed edge. Closed camera wiped off excess, reopened camera and wiped off excess again. Now the ring doesn't catch the other sleeve on my camera. I attached metal CPL, WOW!! does this ever have a strong hold! I shook my camera hard and couldn't get the filter to fall off. I even tried pushing the filter off from the side with my finger and that was very tough to do also. The CPL slides around metal ring for adjustments, it doesn't turn like a regular CPL does. Here are some pictures of the magfilter setup on my camera. I'll get out later today and take some photos to try it out hopefully.
Magfilter 001.JPG
Magfilter 001.JPG (67.09 KiB) Viewed 7756 times
Magfilter 002.JPG
Magfilter 002.JPG (66.06 KiB) Viewed 7756 times
Magfilter 003.JPG
Magfilter 003.JPG (85.34 KiB) Viewed 7756 times
Magfilter 004.JPG
Magfilter 004.JPG (74.87 KiB) Viewed 7756 times