Awesome New/Old Canon Sure Shot Ace 35mm Film Camera

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

UpstateNYShutterBug
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C813 Digital Camera 8.2 MP ($21 Bucks eBay!)

Canon Sure Shot Ace 35mm Film Camera. Circa Oct 88. Has interesting features some not found on any other cameras in the world. Useful for taking special shots. It has a Prism Viewfinder for waist level & overhead shots; a detachable Infrared Remote Control (!); a Camera Tilt adjustment on bottom for aligning camera up/down for unattended shots.Close-up warning lamp on eyepiece. eBay 8.44 shipd w/film and new batts.

Commentary: I was talking about this camera the other day and just on a whim, thought to look it up on ebay. I found this one cheap, with no bidders, so I said... what the hey! Very Unique Camera. I had one many years ago when it came out. I could swear it was before 1988. The remote was great and the tilter thing on the bottom was handy as well. You set it up, stand back, point the remote, and pop! ..;.no fussing with timers... it had a timer as well. It was a fun camera. I might have to do some work on this one to get it 100%. I doubt the remote still works, so I may have to replace the battery in that. We'll see. It was a fun camera.

http://pinterest.com/JohnnysPinUps/thin ... t-on-ebay/

Here are some Specs I copied off of a web site... Canon Sure Shot Ace 35mm Film Camera. Circa Oct. '88. One 6V 2CR5 lithium batt. Built-in wireless remote control using infrared beam for 2-sec. delay. Eye-level Reversed Galilean viewfinder with projected frames. 0.45x magnification 85% coverage. Within the image area are the AF frame. Waist level Low-angle viewfinder with roof prism. 0.8x magnification. Close-up warning lamp on eyepiece. SPC for full-auto program. EE Film speed range ISO 50-1600 w/DX code. eBay 8.44 shipped w/film & new batt.

Can Anybody Tell Me what this means... especially "SPC for full-auto program. EE Film speed range ISO 50-1600 w/DX code." What does SPC and EE stand for?
Attachments
Canon Sure Shot Ace 35mm Film Camera. Circa Oct 88.
Canon Sure Shot Ace 35mm Film Camera. Circa Oct 88.
Enjoy Everything!

John B.

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” - John Muir

"my goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am." - unknown
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I think EE film means the camera can read off the film (magnetic) what ISO the film is and adjust accordingly.
Other than that... I know little about film cameras as my first non-novelty camera was digital.
What are those small white and black holes above and below the lens?