Vietnam/Cambodia

Share and discuss your travelling experiences and pics from around the world. Photo journals encouraged.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

It was an amazing trip - to start, we were up by Hanoi and Halong Bay. We stayed on a 3 deck junk boat, which was well appointed and a wonderful experience:
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

ahhh... the moment I have been waiting for? How was the food? I love Vietnamese food and I want to go there just to have the real thing. How many shots did you total?
Did you get a chance to walk around any cities and do some street photography?
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer

Food was great - incredibly fresh, especially the seafood, which was in many cases alive still at the restaurant...often you'd order food and they'd call up someone and a motor bike would come 10 minutes later with the food you ordered fresh from the farm or market. Loved the fresh fruits too....
Took about 60GB worth of shots and a bunch of video too...walked around lots of cities, Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, Saigon, Phnom Phem, Siem Reap...lots of candid street shots to follow as well
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

Great shots...Did you find it dirty in Vietnam? I have a friend that went there for work and she said there was a lot of litter and garbage around. She said it was beautiful country but, the cities were very dirty.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Beautiful Matt!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer

Bill_K wrote:Great shots...Did you find it dirty in Vietnam? I have a friend that went there for work and she said there was a lot of litter and garbage around. She said it was beautiful country but, the cities were very dirty.
not really - no dirtier than any of the other cities I've visited. The dirtiest parts were actually by the rivers and streams outside the cities and in the countrysides....
thedeepestsleep
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon D90

Wow! Great work, can't wait to see more!
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer

Rice field work:
Sunset on the fish farm:
Beautiful deserted beaches of Da Nang