Fireworks/Electricity/Fire/Lightning/Sparklers

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Forge
Rookie

To begin with we could not even hear the thunder and we were well out the rain. But after awhile it got louder, I felt for sure we were going to have one hit close to us but it never came.
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Forge wrote:To begin with we could not even hear the thunder and we were well out the rain. But after awhile it got louder, I felt for sure we were going to have one hit close to us but it never came.
Once the rain started, it came in QUICK tho. I was amazed at how fast it moved in. Then stalled. ;)
-----
spec
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

lightening is one of those things I have always wanted to capture. Excellent job!
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Thank you, Matt, and everyone! Lightning is indeed a lot of fun to capture. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

When I lived in Rochester, I used to ride my bike up to the lake near Sea Breeze, and walk out to the little lighthouse at the top of Irondequoit Bay, just to watch the lightning and thunderstorms that were out over the lake. I'd love to get back there, 10+ years later, with my camera and try to get some shots of that.
-----
spec
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

:shock: I wonder if the cops or military showed up afterwards.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

I don't think I would have stood that close to it...just in case.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
frozentime
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 40D

A self-portrait from the Sacketts Harbor area

Gear: Canon 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 24-85mm, 100-400mm L
Site: http://www.frozentimephotography.net