I'm lovin' Chrome....

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Google's new internet browser is so fast and lean.... definitely a step up from Internet Explorer and actually works with more pages unlike Firefox.
http://www.google.com/chrome

NYFalls.com seems to work perfectly in it.
skiboarder72
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Nikon D50, 18-200mm VR, 11-16mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, SB-600

Matt wrote:Google's new internet browser is so fast and lean.... definitely a step up from Internet Explorer and actually works with more pages unlike Firefox.
http://www.google.com/chrome

NYFalls.com seems to work perfectly in it.
I've been meaning to try it out, it sounds like it has a lot of great ideas incorporated into it, I'll check it out later tonight!
skiboarder72
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Nikon D50, 18-200mm VR, 11-16mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, SB-600

Holy crap this is absolutely amazing!! Its like what CR did to the voting system half way through... what a huge improvement from IE7/Firefox :D :D :D
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I've just downloaded it - thanks for the tip! :idea:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

I'm a Mac & Safari gal. My husband really likes Firefox - he uses it on his Mac and before when he used Windows. I'm sure he'll check it out when it becomes available for the Mac.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

If you haven't tried it yet - you must! It's sort of like the difference between Fred Flintstone's car and Josh's new BMW!
:rip: IE7
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President

Google Chrome Passes into 2.0 Beta, Chromium For Linux Gets a Simple Install
Removing Chrome's 'beta' label couldn't have been easy for Google, but it looks like they're bringing it right back. Chrome 2.0 beta is now available for Windows, along with a little treat for Linux users.

http://chrome.blogspot.com/

Chrome 2.0 isn't a total overhaul, and to end users very little will seem different—until they start browsing. Chrome's rendering is said to be between 25% and 35% faster than the last version, with most of the speed gains picked up by streamlined javascript engine. The rest of the enhancements—form autofill, new tab options and custom user script support, a la Greasemonkey—are welcome, but as it stands, this looks a little more like Chrome 1.5 than 2.0. Justifying an entirely new version number would require something interesting like, oh, I don't know, that rumored extension support.

For Ubuntu Linux users, the much rawer Chromium browser has always been a pain in the ass to install. Now the installation process has been dramatically simplified. Instead of all the previously-required downloading, compiling and terminal-delving, Ubuntu users can simply apt-get the 'chromium-browser' package and give it a whirl to confirm that, yes, it still sucks. Get well soon, Chromium
Matt
President
President

wow the bump in speed is amazing. Really noticeable.