Chimney Bluffs

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Here's an interesting article on Chimney Bluffs...

http://newyorkoutdoors.wordpress.com/20 ... rth-coast/
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Great post. I was just beginning to plan a trip down the eastern shore to gather photos and info for the Lake Ontario section. this pointed out a spot (near Beaver Creek) that I didn't know about. I can't seem to find much info on that state-owned land, though.
GovMule
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 50D & Canon XTi

Here's a shot from Chimney Bluffs from 2 weeks ago. Clear skies near mid day. Not the best time to be shooting,but a shot none the less. Being new to the board,please let me know if I am out of bounds posting images in here. OK ? I hope I'm in the right area........... :confused:
Matt
President
President

Images belong EVERYWHERE! :up:
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

wow! Love the blue sky.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
wtd

I've never been to the Chimney Bluffs, but I've frequently visited the bluffs outside of Oswego, just east of Fair Haven State Park. If you live in Oswego or close by, it's a great ride on your bike because it's all back roads, often with little car/truck traffic. During the school year, you can often find some wandering SUNY Oswego college kids out there, watching the sunset. They are right near by the Sterling Renaissance Festival site.

The first picture, is one I took and then built up from a set of three photos upon the scanner bed. The next two are taken by my good friend, with color editing by yours truly.

Matt
President
President

Yeah. I've heard there are only three places on the southern shore like it. Fairhaven being the second, and then a third on DEC land in between.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook