Upgrading Cameras

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Matt wrote:I'm jealous. No cool vacation for me this year. :(
Oh - but I do think you're more than making up for it this year! :pickledance:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I've been using a Nikon Coolpixs L100 for the past few years now. Recently I bought a FinePix S3280 on sale. It takes clean pictures and videos. But has major draw-backs! Only four F/stops... And I checked into the higher end ones, they are ALL the same (bummer) ! I'll just send this to my grandson to play with. I have a camera on order now, another point & shoot model. I'll get my new one late next week. I plan on going back to a few of my favorite waterfalls and taking some pictures. A friend suggested a website for insight on taking better pictures, which I found very helpful. Even though I did read a lot on Matt's articles too. Thanks Matt!! ( http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/ ) if anyone is interested? ! Hopefully I'll get feed back on new photos I add in the future. I like the comments because they help me take better future photos from everyone in here.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Well I wasn't impressed with my Fuji Pixs S3280! It only has four F/stops available to use, two at wide angle and two using telephoto!! Live and learn... Yesterday I got my upgrade camera for future photos - NIKON Coolpix P510. WOW! A lot of options with this model. It's going to take me some time to use all the features. In fact I'll be trying the 1080 HD video today at a fundraiser for a friend. I know my photos will be greatly enhanced using this camera.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I was out last weekend trying my Nikon P510 out! Here's two pictures showing a sign down the road from my home. Both pictures have a "red" arrow pointing to the same sign, Shot hand held, to show the zoom feature on camera. The third picture is of an area of an old walkway out of commission. Sorry I previously added wrong picture. Hand held, F3 at 1/30 sec.
Plainville zoom 001 Eml.JPG
Plainville zoom 001 Eml.JPG (44.29 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
Plainville zoom 002 Eml.JPG
Plainville zoom 002 Eml.JPG (46.32 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
MRNT 016 Eml.JPG
MRNT 016 Eml.JPG (79.77 KiB) Viewed 7431 times
Marty
Attachments
SCF 015 Eml.JPG
SCF 015 Eml.JPG (70.4 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I don't see the arrow in the second pic, but I figured it out... woah... those superzoon cameras have come a long way since I bought my first compact (only 4x zoom).
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

Hi Everyone,

My favorite little camera died from unknown causes. I went out a couple of months ago and upgraded to my first SLR camera. I got a Nikon D3100. It was in my price range, and it was not overly complicated as far as functioning. I have one major issue with it. All of the photos I shoot all turn out dark. I do not know if it is the camera itself, or I just need to buy a brighter flash for it. Any Suggestions?
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Winnie wrote:Hi Everyone,

My favorite little camera died from unknown causes. I went out a couple of months ago and upgraded to my first SLR camera. I got a Nikon D3100. It was in my price range, and it was not overly complicated as far as functioning. I have one major issue with it. All of the photos I shoot all turn out dark. I do not know if it is the camera itself, or I just need to buy a brighter flash for it. Any Suggestions?
First, welcome back Winnie! Good to see you again. Congrats! That looks like a nice camera.

Is it only your flash shots that come out dark? What about non-flash shots? If you post a couple of the problem photos, we can take a closer look. And if you can tell us some of your camera settings for them, all the better. We'll get to the bottom of it! :camera:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

all of them? Even outdoors in daylight?