What are you using for RAW processing?

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

skiboarder72
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Nikon D50, 18-200mm VR, 11-16mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, SB-600

Matt wrote:when sharpening in Adobe Camera Raw, zoom to 100% and hold down the ALT key when you make adjustments. It will change the display so you can actually see the emphasis the software is placing on the lines.
Thanks for the tip!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

As much as a love Silkypix, I have been recently forced to use Adobe Camera Raw (in CS4), because my new camera's RAW files aren't supported by SP yet.
(Adobe forces you to upgrade to CS4 to support the new versions of ACR. :down: )

I like the tools with ACR, but the preview image lacks sharpness. The sharpness controls barely do anything, and the interface just seems so clunky. The results are bland compared to my silkypix output.

Silkypix pro is due to be announced next month. I can't wait!

I also tried Capture One and found it to be very similar to Silkypix (it seemed to be more advanced). It doesn't support my new RAW files either. :(
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Over the last few days I have forced myself to use Capture One Pro. I'm beginning to love it. It love how customizable it is. The interface is excellent. The pre-defined styles are nice. Workflow with photoshop is convenient.