April Photo Challenge: Funny Faces

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

The purpose of these challenges are to encourage us to get out and get the best shot of an assigned subject. It's a great way to enhance your photography skills.
Even if you think you take crappy pictures, please join in. Those of you just reading the forum and not posting, this is your chance to join in and show off.

This month's challenge: Funny Faces
Take a photo of a funny face. It would be anyone or anything. Children, Adults, dogs, cats, hamsters, lego people... any.
Rules:
It has to be taken by you.
It has to be taken in NY State.

In honor of April Fools....This month's winner will get a brand new, state-of-the-art, FART MACHINE. Say goodbye to the old rubber Whoopie Cushion. This wonder of technology will embarrass your friends and family from yards away. Hide it near your victim, then wait for the most embarrassing moment to let'er rip. Delivers sound up to 50 feet away, even through walls. Uses one 12V battery, included, and requires 4 more AAA batteries. Ages 5 and up.

Matt
President
President

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

Since these photo challenges are to help develop our skills…. Here a random tip for shooting portraits:

If you are using a head-on flash (not bouncing it or using studio lights), get some tissue paper and some tape. Tape a thin layer of tissue paper across your flash (just enough to diffuse the light). This will scatter the flash and reduce the shadows on your subject. You’ll end up with a more pleasing portrait.

You can also reduce the shadows by having the subject or someone else hold a sheet white paper or poster board facing them on the side where the shadows are landing.

Although with a “funny face” you may want to enhance the shadows. To enhance the shadows, shoot in Rembrandt lighting: put the light source to the right or left of the subject.

Karloff lighting will also work for funny faces… Put the light source below the subject.
Matt
President
President

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Okay, this is my last possum pic, I promise. I guess this "guy" (haven't had the chance to check :lol:) has decided to take up residence here. I was able to intercept him on his way back to the woods from our compost pile last evening. I wish I could remove that blade of dead grass from in front of his face, but...it still makes me smile.

Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
skiboarder72
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Nikon D50, 18-200mm VR, 11-16mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, SB-600

My girlfriend and mom sword fighting :lol:

Matt
President
President

:lol: Quite a family you have there.