Pennsylvania Waterfalls

Talk about waterfalls outside of New York state.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Cricket
Rookie
Camera Model: nikon

Yes Ricketts glen is a wonderful place to see a bunch of waterfalls in one area. I just got back from there and plan to go back some more times, I got rained out and my legs gave out to go back again today. But if you like waterfalls, this is one park that should be on your list to do. There are more then 22 waterfalls, 22 named ones and a bunch of small cascades in between. The Hike is a long one, but I found it easiest to park at the bottom and where it splits go to the left first and around and back down the other side. Thats the easiest on the legs. This is one park to see, it's beautiful. And it's always changing, so your shots sometimes are different, like one year just the falls, the next maybe a log in front so a different shot. Very beautiful and well worth the hike.
pawaterfalls
Rookie
Camera Model: Canon EOS 20D

Cricket wrote:Yes Ricketts glen is a wonderful place to see a bunch of waterfalls in one area. I just got back from there and plan to go back some more times, I got rained out and my legs gave out to go back again today. But if you like waterfalls, this is one park that should be on your list to do. There are more then 22 waterfalls, 22 named ones and a bunch of small cascades in between. The Hike is a long one, but I found it easiest to park at the bottom and where it splits go to the left first and around and back down the other side. Thats the easiest on the legs. This is one park to see, it's beautiful. And it's always changing, so your shots sometimes are different, like one year just the falls, the next maybe a log in front so a different shot. Very beautiful and well worth the hike.
I've always found going to the right at Waters Meet easiest only because I hate hiking up the Ganoga switchbacks. RGSP is a beautiful place, but more unspoiled is the State Game Lands #13 area adjacent to RGSP. Every "run" I've hiked so far, I've found falls on. If you're looking for nice waterfalls that aren't all touristed out like RGSP, try some in nearby Sullivan County. Worlds End State Park gets hiked a lot, but the vistas are beautiful.
Cricket
Rookie
Camera Model: nikon

I plan to try others. I found paws site last year and fell in love with his pictures. I love waterfalls, I love to creek walk. I took my kids yesturday. And they are worn out from that hike, other wise i would have gone to the game lands. My legs aren't to bad. But I hate to go alone. But I plan to try all I can. I so love to see waterfalls, and a creek walk. I love the smell and the sounds. It took us a long time to get through falls trail, mostly me, cause my back gave out. But i'm good today. The kids said no more for this weekend, so I will just have to do for ones I know until they are ready to go again. Makes me feel good that I'm good to go and they are still sore..LOL..I don't feel as out of shape. LOL
Bobbie

Ricketts Glen was also my favorite so far.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Any reccomendations for a falls near Wellsboro PA?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

In Leonard Harrison State Park, which is on the east rim of the Pine Creek gorge, there's a trail that winds its way to the bottom of the gorge. It's called the Turkey Path. It passes by a modest falls along the way. We were there a few years ago and it seemed more like a very steep cascade to me.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... rison.aspx
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Thanks Chris...I had found that one on some PA website...but doesn't look to be worth it to me. Possibly, but was hoping to find something with a little more Umph! :dance2:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Ricketts Glen might be about an hour drive away from there. That's got some Umph. :)
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau