Upgrading Cameras

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Congrats on your new camera. How has the transmission been?
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Not to bad really ! I shoot everything in "raw" format. I hope to get down to Bucktail falls this weekend to try some shots. I posted a couple of pics on the previous pages.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Well I read an article by a pro photographer using settings on Nikon cameras and his photo in article really caught my attention. So over the last two weeks i've been trying to get similar shots with my camera These settings are "on board" settings. ! Here is my latest capture:
Comments Welcome !
DSC_0234 -1EV HD Purple Haze sml.jpg
DSC_0234 -1EV HD Purple Haze sml.jpg (258.45 KiB) Viewed 9315 times
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

To be honest, I've pretty much stopped carrying an SLR for an advanced point and shoot. The sensors they have in them now are really good. Maybe not up to par with the best SLR, but for most of what I shoot nowadays, it's fine. I bought mine from a friend who was getting rid of it, a Sony RX something I think. The built in panorama mode is nice to fool around with and it has the options you need to take normal shots as well. Some of them are buried in menus which is one of the reasons my friend was getting rid of it, but considering it's much less heavy and bulky, I'm prone to use it more often, so getting pictures on it is better than leaving the SLR in the backpack or at home and not getting any pictures at all.
LGD
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Thanks for the update LGD ! I use my Nikon D5500 w/ 18 to 55mm lens. I carry a 35mm fixed lens with me also. If I was going back into some remote location? I would probably leave some items behind to lighten the load !