I lost my job

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

No, I didn't think that you'd want to relocate there permanently but so what if you're only there for a couple of years? You're young and free. Why not?
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

pretty sure he's trying to avoid moving his collection of girlie magazines more times than he has to. :roll:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I hate moving. I'm not as young as I look and I have accumulated a large home of stuff. It was a huge expensive effort to get it into an apartment down the road the last time I moved (cost me $1000 +plus about a week to pack it all). I prefer not to keep moving around. If I have to move, I'll probably sell most of it all off, and then I'll just move wherever. If the Seneca Falls job pays enough, I'll lighten and move, but I wouldn't consider settling, especially with companies laying off people in mass quantities these days.
I'm looking into getting my TEFL certification so I can teach English abroad. Teaching in Kuwait, Korea, Japan pays quite a bit. That's a 4 week course in NYC or Chicago +2 grand in tuition. Quite an expense. But a place like Korea... 25 hours of work a week, free room, cheap food, nets about 1k per month and reimburses airfare. It's very tempting if I end up not finding anything here. I'll make that choice come June.

I have a phone interview on thursday morning with a company two blocks over from my office. Funny how the Seneca Falls one wants a face to face when they are explicitly advertising in the Rochester location and not disclosing details about the job, and they MUST KNOW these unemployed people have to drive all the way out there. So where's a good place to eat lunch in Seneca Falls/Waterloo?
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II

So where's a good place to eat lunch in Seneca Falls/Waterloo?
You've got me there. I never get up to that end of the county. Happy Family is the 2nd top rated on TripAdvisor in Seneca Falls. Connie's Diner is #1 on TA in Waterloo.

Oh, and you ARE as young as you look! :lol:
Matt
President
President

So far just preliminary interviews. Nothing solid as of yet.
I know I have time, but I have less than 2 weeks left at ALT, so I feel like time's running out (I haven't been unemployed since being 14 years old)
There are a lot of openings that i WANT to apply for... and just may... right now I have to focus on my current level of management or above, since taking something below may end up making it difficult for my career to recover.
One entrepreneur who may have something in July. A CEO of an admirable marketing/web firm wants to meet, and is willing to come to Rochester to do so, but then again.... no openings.
It's tiresome. This week I'm going to work day and night.
Matt
President
President

I had a solid interview for a company in New Jersey.
Which would remove me completely from the Finger Lakes region.
It's all I have at this point. I'm applying to at least one job a day and getting my resume out to any e-mail address I can get my hands on. There's just nothing out there, and what IS out there is so specific, I'm excluded.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Something will drop Matt. I only hope it is local.