Giving up the mirror

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

The middle one looks like my camera and lens. I don't mind the size and weight, but I could see the advantage of the smaller package. The sensor size would be my main concern. I have grown to appreciate the larger sensor of a full frame vs my old crop sensor.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I have shot small sensors all my "career" - they work and now the sensors are pretty much equal to APSC as far as noise ... DOF is not as shallow.... but as a landscape photographer, that's exactly what I want. Size + weather-proofing is my big thing... lugging my e-5 around china (and that was even a compact SLR), up and down mountains, and through the streets all night... it just sucked out all the pleasure of shooting. I would go smaller if i could. Maybe next year.
Matt
President
President

I have to admit, the New Samsung NX mini is pretty sweet!!!!

Samsung announced the new NX Mini Mirrorless Camera in 5 different colors and 2 lenses for NX Mini Cameras last night at 10 PM EST, 03/18/2014

Pre-orders begin April 1, 2014. Shipping is expected in mid-April.

Specs
Matt
President
President

JVC (yeah, the company that invented the VHS tape) just announced they will be joining the Micro 4/3 platform and coming out with their own line of video cameras and lenses.
I guess the first release will be at least one 4k video camera.
More lens selection for me in the future. :up: