Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

That should work :)
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

David, I'm 37 years old, but look a bit young. That pic is maybe 3 years old. Aged quite a bit since, and probably even more over the last week.
And yes, the purpose of the running sidebar IS branding (going for a marketing position, after all). I know my resume is a little unorthodox, but then again, so is my experience. I could manage IT, operations, quality management... and probably do many things in travel/tourism, and maybe photography. Right now, I have two applications in and I don't feel at all confident. My goal is two per day, while I try to get more involved in social media, and spread the word as much as I can.

So, David, are you in IT or web development?

Kelly, I was... 20 in that pic, i believe. At the time I worked as a special effects makeup artist. I put on that makeup myself in less than an hour. Usually prosthetics and a bald cap would take several hours and two people, but I had a party to get to (which is why it looks so hack).

I'm lucky to have people encouraging me and helping me through this. Thank you.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Matt, I am in IT management. I also have developed several websites for multiple companies and for my current employer. I figured you were around 37 since you graduated in 99. I wasn't saying you are too young, just the picture looks young. That could be a positive for companies looking for a fresh, young, new talent. For others they might view you as being too young. You could always have two images depending on the company you are applying to.
Michaelino
Junior
Junior

Matt,

About when I turned 38, I realized that my days of having or needing a boss were over. It wasn't so much that I was a business man, in fact by most definitions I wasn't even close. But working for myself was the only way to go. I've compared what I did to jumping off the gangplank while needing to learn to swim before you hit the water. And during that first year, well, I almost "drowned". But 22 years later I'm still at it. I highly recommend it for any resourceful and creative person who feels the same way. Maybe not without real planning, (and I recommend more preparation than I gave it!) But when I read your resume, I see the type of versatility that is simpatico with people who do create their own jobs in their own companies.

Regardless, hang in there. There is always a market for talented people although finding the right employer who recognizing those talents may seem tough, that's where you want to be anyway.

My Best,
Michael
Matt
President
President

Thank you for the encouragement.

Yes, I suppose I could do my own thing... I just don't know what that is.
Matt
President
President

Thanks to Kelly and Tim's help, I redid my resume :

Two versions going out
Web/Marketing
Travel/Tourism

then I'll be working on a localization-centric resume, as well as an IT one.
Localization most likely means me moving out of the area.
IT jobs are more plentiful, but I can't say I'm qualified to do crazy technical things. And I probably won't be happy fixing other people's IT issues. I have issues fixing my own.
Matt
President
President

More than 2 weeks in... over a dozen applications submitted. Several websites carrying my info and resume...... and not a word. :(
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

It is hard but you have to stay positive, be persistent, and be patient. Once you do get an interview make sure to send a thank you note for the interview.