TV Talk

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Last week's Office, when they realized they were being filmed always, I feel was one of the best episodes of the series. Especially the end gags... awesome.
Matt
President
President

Readers if IMDB have ranked the top 25 TV episodes
http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_ ... -users.php
Matt
President
President

Watched the first season of VEEP. Maybe 3-4 funny moments, the rest was kind of a boring drama.
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

Netflix is releasing Season 4 of Arrested Development all at once on May 26, one of my favorite shows of all time. I'm going to have to go back and watch seasons 1-3 to get ready.
Matt
President
President

Yeah! I recently re-watched and I'm ready...
Netflix CEO should be fired though. It's a monthly subscription and...there are 100 ways to get a free trial. One can, at the MOST, pay the $8 one month fee and watch the series, which is expensive to make, and a big gamble for Netflix, and then cancel. A lot of people will just use a free trial code and watch for free.
If I were Netflix CEO, I would not dump the show all on one night and let people marathon through. I would span it over at least 2 months.
Hopefully people will pay for a subscription and they see enough return to continue producing these episodes, but based on what I read on some message boards, not very many people will.

I'm reserving the date for a marathon. Will be eating Chicken and then Frozen Bananas.
Matt
President
President

Watching Falling Skies (currently mid-way through season 2) and It's watchable (although it seems ammunition is more prevalent than food and fuel post the biggest war on earth).

Also watching the train-wreck that is Under the Dome. From the leather jacket and butterfly knife-wielding tough-kid all the way to last week's emergency childbirth turned cliched "uh oh.. the umbilical cord is wrapped around its neck", this show is laughably stupid. I'm watching it because its a good exercise in watching the writers squirm to scrounge up ideas for things to happen in this dome.

Workaholics season 3 was funnier than the first 2. Love that show and eagerly awaiting its return.

Breaking Bad and Dexter... don't spoil them for me. I'm waiting for it to finish so i can watch them all at once.

I miss having a channel where i can watch documentaries. Discovery and The "Learning" Channel are dead as far as I am concerned. They are national embarrassments
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Matt wrote:Also watching the train-wreck that is Under the Dome. From the leather jacket and butterfly knife-wielding tough-kid all the way to last week's emergency childbirth turned cliched "uh oh.. the umbilical cord is wrapped around its neck", this show is laughably stupid. I'm watching it because its a good exercise in watching the writers squirm to scrounge up ideas for things to happen in this dome.
A pointless one season show. I tried.
Matt wrote:Breaking Bad and Dexter... don't spoil them for me. I'm waiting for it to finish so i can watch them all at once.
I wont spoil Breaking Bad for you, but with Time Warner I cant spoil Dexter since I can't watch it :angry: First time ever subscribing to Showtime and they yank it 2 weeks into the season.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I miss having a channel where i can watch documentaries.
There's still decent stuff on PBS. American Experience, Nova & Nature are all well done most of the time.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau