Arkwright Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

WNYhiker
Rookie

Kelly, thanks for the quick reply.

I didn't post three times. But I did send an email to Scott, and the program sent me two copies of the email. Perhaps a glitch in the pphBB program cause the two additional posts.

Let me know if this reply also shows up 3 times.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Ah! Nope, you're good. :up:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
WNYhiker
Rookie

Thanks again Kelly.

I've been doing some research on the property ownership on the land south and southeast of the county land near Arkwright Falls. Two large parcels changed hands in February 2012. The owners are listed as living at that address. Three of the other parcels have been owned by the same people for at least 10 years, one of which is local and the other lives in North Carolina (or at least uses a NC address for the tax bills.)

The last parcel, the southern most parcel, is owned by a "Scott C." (I've omitted the last name on purpose - you can look it up in the county records online) who lived in Golden CO. I say "lived" because that Scott appears to have died unexpectedly in May of 2008. It' is possible there is another Scott C. who died in Golden Co, but an old Golden Co phone book page listed a Scott and Brenda C. at the address on the County tax records, and the death notice for Scott C. in Golden Co stated he was survived by a spouse named Brenda.

Was that the same "Scott" who participated on this board?
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

not sure. I have little information on this property.
NOACCESS
Rookie

This is Scott & I'm alive. The land next to us has changed hands recently, ours has not, it just has changed family members. My 2 aunts own it, since their father passed. 1 aunt lives herein NY & the other in NC. I live in Arkwright. I will soon be picking up the trash down there as the weather breaks.
Jeduthan
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C1450

Perhaps it's not my place to suggest this, as I live across the state and would not be able to make good on my own suggestion. But if Scott were agreeable, and if there were any local interested members of this community that would like to help with the clean up around the falls/property, then they might exchange messages about times and date(s). We enjoy waterfalls and this might be a way at least some of us could help a landowner with a burden not of his own making.
NOACCESS
Rookie

I thank you for the offer, however, I highly doubt any members here are the problem. Normally kids are to blame & sometimes so called adults(20 to 30). I don't always check this board. The only time you see me at the falls without a smile is when I catch someone doing wrong...ie chopping down our trees
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I don't think out members would object at all to helping clean up a beautiful property. It's a part of the spirit here and has been proposed numerous times. If you ever need help, let us know.