I do not know any of you personally and realize this is an old topic, however I thought I might stir the fire a bit...
I personally have not determined if fracking is safe or not, but I do think we should look at the facts.
1) Like Kyle said we all are using electric and fossil fuels in someway so we can't instantly rule out a new source of energy.
2) Both sides have something to gain fiscally in the debate of safe or not. We all know the gas companies and everyone involved are making money, but so are everyone involved with Gasland and all of the media against the fracking.
3) Have any of you that are so against fracking actually visited a fracking location? Our family cabin is in northern PA in a fracking zone. No we have not allowed fracking and are not planning on allowing fracking on our property, however I have not personally experienced any negative affects in the area. Not saying that there are zero instances of problems, but what energy source does not have accidents other than solar power and how many of us are exclusively using solar?
4) I personally know of a family in the fracking area that their water is polluted with natural gas. The catch is, it was that way before fracking was even possible. So how many of these families that are contaminated are actually from fracking and how many of them are just trying to profit off of an easy escape goat? Remember the areas that they are in are rich in natural gas, hence the fracking.
5) If people are really against fracking then why is it okay for it to be in someone else's backyard?
6) Do I trust fracking? No, and I am not trying to push it, however I am not strongly apposed to it and would not blast someone for supporting it. I believe Kyle is an outdoor enthusiast, and cares about the environment as much as any of us. So until you can answer that you are strictly using solar power, stopped using fossil fuels, do not travel on road ways, know people that live in a fracking zone and were not experiencing problems before fracking and now are, then maybe you can insult Kyle and put yourself on a higher level than him.
I can remember thinking that Bush had something to do with the rise in gas prices, or at least could have helped to lower prices. Then Obama came in to power and gas prices have gone up and down but have stuck around at a high price. My point is you can't always assume that you know and/or are being told the truth on everything. There are always two sides to every story and even a third and fourth at times.