A Sandisk story

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I think an Olympus would still have worked ;)
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Matt wrote:I think an Olympus would still have worked ;)
At the very least, I'm sure the sensor would have been spotless.

More pictures of the camera here: https://plus.google.com/photos/10427720 ... 6593863633
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

What will become of Olympus? Ive been reading these articles that are painting a grim future. (mostly from PetaPixel).
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

Well... I think they terminated their 4/3 line already... so I wasn't expecting to move much beyond what I have now. The pen cameras were always behind the Panasonic gems which were really pushing the micro 4/3 line into success. I figure within a year the whole Yazuka plot will be uncovered and it'll make for a great story. On the corporate side, Olympus is hugely profitable on their medical side when their money isn't disappearing into criminal's pockets. If the camera line survives, I hope to god it is bought by Panasonic. A dream being that Kodak would take it and resurrect their brand.
Whatever happens, I have what I need from them for now and I think my e5 will last for a long time.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

:up:

How old is the camera? Surely youve racked up 10s of thousands of photos on it.

Medical side: endoscopes. :crap: :D

I'm surprised we dont have any Kodak'ers on here. It would be nice to have some insight from inside.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

My e-5 is only a year old, but it has few few pics because it's so heavy and large, I really only limit it to outdoor waterfalling, snow, rain and hiking on the account of the weatherproofing (dropped it Tannery creek this past summer). I divide my work between the E620 (which is super small), the E30 (great all-around camera), and the E5 (built like a submersible tank).

MrbirdNerd is a Kodaker. He actually worked on the sensor for the Olympus E400/500, which have wonderful color.

On the topic of waterproof memory cards... I have always bought the [amazon=B002GEQDK4]sandisk extreme cards[/amazon]. They aren't cheap, they aren't the fastest (although they don't lie about the factor of their speed like other brands do), but they are super reliable. I'm sure if mine ever got submerged, I'd be ok. I invested in a 32 GB one for China, because I would be in the mountains, and I had no fears carrying my camera out in the open in the rain and snow. After a while, I just figured I'd trust the card to hold all of my vacation pics and stopped doing nightly uploads to my PC.