Valley Forge National Historical Park

Share and discuss your travelling experiences and pics from around the world. Photo journals encouraged.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Some shots from Valley Forge. We were in the Philly area for a wedding last month.

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
frozentime
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 40D

Nice shots.

My brother lives right near there, so I always make a pass through when I can.
Gear: Canon 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 24-85mm, 100-400mm L
Site: http://www.frozentimephotography.net
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

very cool. Are there any original buildings on the site, or is everything a re-creation?
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

They have replicas of the log cabins the troops built to stay in. There is an old house from the era that is still standing at the edge of the park that Washington used as a headquarters which I think is the only original building. We didn't go in anything since we were only there for a half hour. (had time to kill before the wedding) What really struck me was that Valley Forge is smack dab in the middle of Philly suburbia. I always imagined the troops camping way out in the countryside, which is probably what it was back then.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Yeah.. that's quite a change in the landscape. It was probably far removed farmland back then. I would love to look out the second story window of that original house and see the battlefield.