Hello to everyone here !

New members, stop in and say Hello!

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

spyac
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon D60 / Nikon D90

Hello to everyone here !

This is a wonderful site, My cousin recommended it to me and so glad that he did! :D My name is Steve a.k.a.( spyac) and I have always had an interest in Photography... I have always wanted to improve those techniques and my understanding of photography (one of these days maybe I will ) :lol: I have posted a few photo's already on the challenges and if ANYONE wants to send me a message with some thoughts (critiques) PLEASE feel free to share them with me.

I don't carry a camera around with me at all times ( though I should ) so getting out and snapping a few photo's is my way of unwinding and relaxing.. As well as getting myself outdoors more. I have a question in regards to the challenges, Are they all still open? I notice that some of them were started in previous years.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Hi Steve! Welcome to the community! We have different challenges on a monthly basis, but even if a challenge isn't current feel free to add photos if there isn't another topic that is appropriate.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Welcome Steve! Thanks for taking the time to introduce your self! We enjoy knowing about how new members find us and love to have them join in on challenges and discussions as soon as they're comfortable! :up:

To answer your specific question on challenges...

While only the current month's challenge can win you a prize, members are always welcome to add photos to past challenges, as if they would have when it was underway.

You'll find that we have all levels of interest in and skill at photography here. So wherever you are right now is perfect! There are many here who will be able to give you specific pointers along the way!

Again, welcome and hope to see more of your photos soon! :mrgreen:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Wotto
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Olympus E-500

Welcome!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Welcome to the community, Steve! Glad to have you aboard.
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

welcome Steve
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Welcome aboard Steve! :bye:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook