Cedar Point

Share and discuss your travelling experiences and pics from around the world. Photo journals encouraged.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

I also love the sunset roller coaster photo Matt ... Wonderful composition.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Indoor coaster (Disaster Transport) - it kind of sucked. And the observation tower- we didn't go up in it since it's not air-conditioned.

The Giant Wheel - 136 ft tall

The Raptor!
Guests ride in cars that are suspended from the track above. Specially designed seats allow passengers' legs to dangle, providing the sensation of flight. Aiding that is the fact that riders go upside down six amazing times! The highlight is a first-of-its-kind "cobra roll," a thrilling element that flips riders over, spirals them upside down into a 180-degree roll and repeats the twisting motion in reverse. Looming 137 feet above the Main Midway and reaching a top speed of 57 mph, Raptor is one of the tallest and fastest inverted roller coasters in the world.
The largest arcade I have ever seen.

Shana puts in one quarter and wins 500 tickets.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I can't wait! Been wanting to go to CP since I was a youngster, and finally will be making the trip on Thursday. Great pics Matt-just got me hating being at work even more! :D
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

I don't know how you had the time to take such great compositions. Cedar Point is so awesome. I have never rode or experienced anything as tall, as fast, or just so cool until last Friday. Unfortunately, rain and thunderstorms moved in early Saturday which put us back in the car and on our way home before we got a chance to see the whole park. Definately worth a trip there if you like rides.

Mean Streak....(and it really is mean....OUCH)
PowerTower.....(Wooooooooooooo! Holy f**%! That was rad!)
The Mantis.....(1st standing up coaster I've road, pretty darn cool.) Behind it is the Millenium Force...1st ride of the day....Who needs coffee? The MF will definately wake you up.
The Iron Dragon...(pretty cool)
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

which coaster is your fave?
hobkyl

ya know...that is a very tough call...I guess if I had to pick one...the Millinium Force was my fave. but will definately have to go back and reassess that. we only rode 7 of the 17 coasters. 2.5 hr wait for the Maverick, and Top thrill dragster was down for mechanical issues. so one of those may take the top spot when I get to ride those. but-they were all just really great!
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

The Force was mine for 6 years, then I rode the Maverick and loved it. I hate lines, so 2.5 hours is no good for me.
The best time to go to Cedar Point is on a weekday as the kiddies are back in school. No lines!
Matt
President
President

hoping to hit up cedar point in june. Anyone else making the trek out this year?