Florida Birds

Share and discuss your travelling experiences and pics from around the world. Photo journals encouraged.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

I haven't been down there in years. My ex-in-laws lived on the water in Tierra Verde and had a view of the Skyway. I lived on Anna Maria Island when the original bridge was hit in '80. I'd love to visit there again. Perhaps next winter...
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Anna Maria Island is so beautiful...I would live there!
Mikell
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

I was so fortunate to land there (thanks to my then boyfriend) the fall after I graduated from high school. I have no idea what it's like now, but back then it was one of the few coastal areas that was still "old Florida", if that makes sense. Most of the friends that I made were born and raised there. Our big entertainment was either fishing from shore at night on the north point of the island, or from one of the many piers, or splurging to rent a small boat to spend the day out on Egmont Key. We didn't have a pot to pee in, but then all you needed was a bathing suit, shorts and flip flops. :lol: It was truly paradise.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
JPaige
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Awesome shots, I really loved these!
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Wow! These are all so amazing Mikell. Excellent photography :up:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thank you Joel and Kyle...
It helps to have some pretty spectacular subjects to "shoot"...
and I'm really enjoying finally having a telephoto lens...I made good use of it on this trip....what a difference it makes.
Mikell
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

These are really good. Great captures. The food toss one is my favorite. Still the quality is awesome.
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks David...
Sunrise or sunset at low tide is the perfect time to shoot these birds.
They wander up and down the shoreline in search of food and never take any mind of human activity near them.
You can walk along a dock or breakwall within a few feet of them and "click" to your heart's content.
I loved taking photos of these birds catching fish and crabs and have quite a few of them with a meal hanging out of their beaks....so cool!
Mikell