Farmers' Markets - WNY

Scenes from Public Markets around the world. (Open Air Markets, Farmer's Markets, Flea Markets, Swap Meets, Souqs, Bazaars)

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Here's a pretty good list of farmers' markets, primarily to the west and/or south of Rochester. Anyone been, or have suggestions on some of the most interesting?

WNY Farmers' Markets
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Elmwood - Bidwell Farmers' Market is a gem! A real community feel - excellent selection of really fresh - local stuff! Located on a grassy, treelined median in a lovely Buffalo neighborhood.....it gets a big thumbs up from me.

One of the real cool features is the "Kid Biz" section where kids set up their businesses - pay a $2 fee and have at it! I think today, I saw over 2 dozen kids set up. Closer to 3 dozen, maybe....magicians, bakers, Rubik's cube speed solvers, photographers.....you name it!

The coolest product I saw and consumed? Lemon yogurt, in the sweetest packaging from White Cow Dairy! :up: If I had a way to keep it cool for the day, I would have bought so much more. Beetziki yogurt? Come on......I am going back for this - with my cooler!!

The wares were extremely fresh, the vendors - down-to-earth and anxious to tell their story, the shoppers - polite and friendly......and all set in a lovely residential neighborhood with restaurants nearby. Though dozens of shoppers had dogs quietly walking on leashes, I never once stepped in a pile of poop! :up:

It just has such a non-pretentious community feel. This market really got it right! Can't wait to go back!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic