Best Places to Print Photos

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

I know I haven't been around the forum lately - I've been really busy and not taking photos much.

With Christmas coming up, I am expecting to give some photo gifts and was curious to know what online sites people use for prints (4x6 to 8x10). I've used Mpix in the past and have no complaints - just wondering if I should stick with them or try another site.

Thanks!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Adoramapix... I used them maybe 5 years ago.. and never turned back. Cheap prices... regular sales... a New York business. The quality is superb, though they do calibrate their system to a different white point than what I think is typical, meaning their prints are a bit more on the cool side, but either easily compensated for, or not noticed by anyone less anal about it than me.
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Matt,

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been on their site today to set up an account and order prints (I gave you the referral, so you should get some free prints), but the site is moving like molasses. Took me 3-4 times for it to accept my Join information - would sit and spin forever without doing anything. It finally let me create an account, but it seems most pages I navigate to take forever to load - if they load at all without refreshing or closing and reloading. It's not my Internet or browser because other sites are loading fine. Have you had any of these problems?
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Adoramapix? hmm. Worth a try.

Has anyone used Mpix? I have used them for as large as 10 x 14 but not anything larger. They email special offers that are quite reasonable, like, once a month.
americanhero
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Canon S95, Canon D10, Nikon D90

I always use Adoramapix and I like the results.
I have used them for prints up to 16x20 and the results are really nice.
Yvonne Baur Photography

my photo stream on flickr: Yvonne Baur
Eddiebauer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 7d Canon Rebel xti

I use adorampix all the time. I just received today a bunch of photos for a pre-school shoot I did last week. Pictures were shipped two days after I ordered them. They just gave me a free photo book also. Last year I submitted my pics around the holidays and because they couldn't turn them around fast they gave me two free 11x14's. I couldn't be happier with them. I also purchase my camera gear there also, and never had any problems.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

If you subscribe to their newsletter, or monitor their pricing regularly, you can catch wind of one of their screaming deals on prints.
A few years back they had $2 11x14 and 20 cent 5x7s (not sure if they still do these prices). They allow you to pre-purchase at these prices. I bought 40 of the 11x14s and hundreds of the 5x7s and have been living off of these for personal use for some time.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Does anyone know?

On Adoramapix of Mpix can you set up an account where many others can go into that one account and buy pictures and have it billed to just them and mailed to just them. I did a bunch of portraits shots and want to let each person order what they want. Problem is some sites will remember the ship to address and billing address and the Visa card number. The next person would then have private info of the previous person.

Help?

thanks,