Rochester's Abandoned Subway

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

That's actually very believable considering the shape of it. Rivers change their course all the time. (over millenia) I think I heard something once about a theory that the Allegany River once turned north after flowing past present day Salamanca and flowing out to Lake Erie using the current Cattaraugus Creek channel.

Chris
tjconheady
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Powershot S3

stuff like that i do enjoy hearing...i also am so interested in the idea of what's at the bottom of the entire lake ontario

i heard there's some display of that around here
TJC

www.conheady.net...a cleaner, less biased, less censored, less-Matted forum
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

They began filling the tunnel and little information can be found about how much will be filled or what the future of the tunnel holds.

Is there anyone with current information?

Heres a good link to photos, videos, maps, memorabilia, and history of the subway. The rest of the site offers some great articles and history about Rochester as well.

http://www.rochestersubway.com/rocheste ... istory.php
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Tomorrow...

Historic Aqueduct open 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Enter on Broad Street next to the Blue Cross Arena. Get a glimpse of Rochester’s historic underbelly. Volunteers from the Canal Society will be strategically placed in the Aqueduct to provide history and insights about this unique downtown aqueduct. Also hear about proposals for future redevelopment.

http://www.cityofrochester.gov/riverromance/
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook