**DATE CHANGE** MAY 1 - Fort Niagara

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Going?

I'm in
25%
Me and guest(s)
No votes
Maybe
13%
No way
63%

Total votes: 8
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Sunday, MAY 1
9am
Reenactors portraying French soldiers, milice, and Native allies garrison the Fort.

General Admission
Adults: $10.00
Children (6 to 12 years old): $6.00
Children (under 6 years old): FREE

State Park Vehicle fee discounted from the price of the ticket

http://nyfalls.com/niagara/niagara-fort-niagara.html
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I'd totally be there but that's the date for our annual whitewater rafting trip this year. Its amazing me being a history buff and living only about 20 miles away, I haven't been there since I was a kid. I've been wanting to go back but never got around to it all these years.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

damnit! date change then... Sunday
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Well we're certainly not rafting 2 days in a row. :) You want in on the rafting trip this year?
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

seems likely
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

"No Way" is kind of drastic...I would come but I can't. Ill be tied up at work through the month of May. Look forward to seeing everyones photos...some place I definitely love to check out. I visited Fort San Felipe del Morro in San Juan several years ago...and that was really impressive.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

I found the fort to be boring the first time i went. It was empty.
The second time I went, they had a huge reenactment and a ton of activities and I just lost track of time. The folks there were so friendly and willing to have their photos taken. They came from all over the USA and they slept in the guard towers and barracks the whole week. The artillery demos were pretty neat.
What was the coolest part where the children, who were dressed in period clothes and play games and toys from the periods. Would have made great pics, but I don't publish pics of other people's kids without permission :(
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

I wondered about Fort San Felipe del Morro. Never got to it by land but it looks immense. And something about the tides and bay corridor where this sits gave it a kind of powerfully intimidating presence. David
Attachments
IMG_2781FtSanFelipedelMorrosml.jpg
IMG_2784FtSanFelipedelMorro.jpg