Giant Ledge

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

RickyMac22
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 7d

I went hiking this past fall with a friend in the Catskills at Giant Ledge/Panther Mountain. This is the view from the first ledge on the trail. Its quite a hike but the views are worth every step. We didnt go any higher due to time restrictions but this alone was worth the trip. Definitely plan on going back sometime this year.
Attachments
Giant Ledge 1a1 resize.jpg
Giant Ledge 1a1 resize.jpg (321.78 KiB) Viewed 11991 times
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Whoa! That's magnificent! It's great to have some renewed posting activity in the photography sections! Thank you, Ricky!! Keep those shots coming!! :D
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Yes, very nice shot. I've never had the chance to get to Panther Mtn, looks like a nice one to try for.
LGD
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

L_G_D wrote:Yes, very nice shot. I've never had the chance to get to Panther Mtn, looks like a nice one to try for.
Panther Mountain is up farther on the trail, I never made it there either, just to the Giant ledge areas. Amazing views though.
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

Kelly wrote:Whoa! That's magnificent! It's great to have some renewed posting activity in the photography sections! Thank you, Ricky!! Keep those shots coming!! :D
ya its kinda disappointing to see how dead this site has become, lots of good information on here. I will try my best to keep the photos coming!
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

ya its kinda disappointing to see how dead this site has become, lots of good information on here. I will try my best to keep the photos coming!
Once upon a time it was waterfall related. However we do like to see excellent photography. Keep em coming!
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Isn't it a good thing that the site now offers more than just waterfalls, Chris?

If newcomers are not made to feel welcome, plain old human nature results in them not sticking around. It's not just the responsibility of staff, but of all. The site becomes better and more active by the effort each of us puts into it.

Without photo challenges and group outings, the sense of community and camaraderie have suffered. When newbies or infrequent posters share something, let's try to get better at drawing them in? There's so much more that could be, and perhaps, needs to be said, but this isn't the place.

Feel free to start a new topic if you want to discuss. Apathy is contagious.

End of rant.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Forums are a thing of the past. Facebook took over that market completely. They have all the discussion and take all the ad revenue from people's information. There is a software update I was going to do, as it does get thousands of readers, but i have not been having much luck with the tech these days.
I will update NYFalls.com core site to a new system this summer, and probably continue rolling out a page a month of content.