Favorite Finger Lakes views??

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

glenofthepools11
Rookie

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their personal favorite view(s) in the Finger Lakes region. Of course there are many, many stunning lake views to pick from...for me, the absolute best lake view is looking north up Canandaigua Lake from the South Bristol Overlook off of County Route 12 (north of Naples). Also if people have any pictures of their favorite view(s) could you post them?? Thanks--looking forward to peoples' "votes"!!
Attachments
Canandaigua Lake Overlook Route 12 north of Naples NY Oct 22 2011.jpg
Canandaigua Lake Overlook Route 12 north of Naples NY Oct 22 2011.jpg (27.59 KiB) Viewed 5078 times
Canandaigua Lake Overlook 2 Oct 22 2011.jpg
Canandaigua Lake Overlook 2 Oct 22 2011.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 5078 times
Canandaigua Lake Overlook 3 Oct 22 2011.jpg
Canandaigua Lake Overlook 3 Oct 22 2011.jpg (27.44 KiB) Viewed 5078 times
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

for me, the absolute best lake view is looking north up Canandaigua Lake from the South Bristol Overlook off of County Route 12 (north of Naples)
That is definitely an awesome view! I think we have 2 votes for that one already. There's a B&B near there we stay at every now and then.
http://www.bristolviews.com/
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Totally agree. Bristol Spring Road starts where 64 meets 21 (Turn at the Church). That upper road is gorgeous. These are all from that road. They have a look out that is exceptional. Another one not to overlook is Bristol Harbor Restuarant. It is a view down the lake that in the fall is unmatched.

Canandaigua Lake, NY-Front moving out by ApproachingLight, on Flickr

Moonrise over Canandaigua Lake by ApproachingLight, on Flickr

Canandaigua-Front Moves Out at Sunrise by ApproachingLight, on Flickr
glenofthepools11
Rookie

Thanks, Chris and David, for your responses; I'm glad you both love the Canandaigua Lake view(s) too. The shape of Bare Hill and the way it juts out into the lake makes the scene extra spectacular. County Route 12 is an amazingly scenic road...mostly for the lake views of course but also for the view of Naples Valley (and the end of South Hill) south of the lake. And the lake views from/around the Bristol B&B (a little further north from the South Bristol Overlook) are, in my opinion, just as great as the Overlook; but at the Overlook you can park away from the road to take in the view. By the way, does anyone know if you can get great views from Bopple Hill Road or Greisha Hill Road (west side), or Bare Hill Road (east side, on Bare Hill), and whether these roads are fully paved or not?? Looking forward to more votes on the best views--thanks everyone!
glenofthepools11
Rookie

Thanks also to David for the terrific pics of Canandaigua Lake...
glenofthepools11
Rookie

Anyone else have a favorite Finger Lake vista to share?
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I agree about the South Bristol Overlook , though I never had my camera when I stopped there.
glenofthepools11
Rookie

Thanks, Matt, for concurring about the South Bristol Overlook. I hope you'll soon get a chance to photograph that view, and the other views along County Route 12. The pic I attached was taken by a friend of mine on Sunday March 18th...

How would you (or anyone else) rank the "Skaneateles Overlook" view off of Route 41 (East Lake Road)?
Attachments
View of Canandaigua Lake from the South Bristol Overlook on County Route 12
View of Canandaigua Lake from the South Bristol Overlook on County Route 12