Hello again! (This time from Manhattan)

New members, stop in and say Hello!

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Chris
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon G9, Panasonic FX07

Hello all, I'm back!

After a very unexpected hiatus I am re-connecting with the world from my new home in Queens, NY! I quit my desk job in a corporate cubicle this past July, in order to pursue a full-time career in photography. To make things even more complicated, I also decided to move to New York City, and it has all been very successful thus far!

Having finished teaching my Summer Photography Program at Rochester East High School in July, I currently work as a Portrait Photographer in a Broadway studio part-time (while also working on my first photography projects) and always on the lookout for more work/freelance jobs to fill in the gaps.

Now I have a lot of catching up to do here, and apologize for the sudden disappearance. However I am excited to be back, as well as finally opening my camera bag back up. It's just a matter of time until I complete the move and bring everything else back down here into my own place, but for now things are better than ever. :D
cwwphotos | redbubble | flickr | facebook
"The moment one gives close attention to any thing, even a blade of grass,
it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
-- Henry Miller
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

That sounds great Chris. I've missed your posts...but am glad to hear that all is well. Good luck and I'm sure great things will come your way.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Chris
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon G9, Panasonic FX07

Thanks I really appreciate that Kyle! I am certainly doing my best to make it happen. :) Lots of interviews coming up again!

1000th post in "Welcome"!
cwwphotos | redbubble | flickr | facebook
"The moment one gives close attention to any thing, even a blade of grass,
it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
-- Henry Miller
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Welcome... back!
Good to hear that things are going well in NYC.