The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

While researching some up coming falls to photograph. I found this website:
http://www.worldwaterfalldatabase.com/b ... ion/about/
Interesting in content for New York falls. They list "Glenora Falls" , but they say it's not accessible to public. I went down there and got permission to take some photos.
Marty
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Interesting resource, the couple I checked are mostly correct, but detailed information is lacking. Still, a good place to start, and nice maps.
LGD
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I pulled up NYFalls waterfalls map & World Waterfalls database map in a separate tab and compared the two. What a difference! NYFalls map is far superior to WWD map by far! For instance: Bucktail falls, NO photo, no description, and says "Bucktail" is the unofficial name for this falls. I posted the history of this falls sometime ago in here. "Randall" or "randall Gulf" falls doesn't exits on their map? ! I checked another one in Oregon area, several falls in one ravine, BUT they only show a photo of the easiest one to get too. Didn't bother checking other ones at all, go figure ! I got the impression that WWD is sort of like another one here in NY State.
I'm on vacation this week, if Friday cools off some? I plan on going back to Seneca Lake to do some more walls I found there. And possibly back to one just north of Moravia too.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

That's the problem with trying to cover a large area, there's too much information really. Even just trying to cover one state like NY is a pretty big task.
LGD
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I can see that in here. I was going to check out some falls around Seneca Lake, but came in here first and found a lot of the ones I was looking at were previously done by someone. So today I"m going back to another lake closer to me and checking out some places that I heard about from friends and residents. I got seven stops to check out! Will posts any that aren't private soon.
Have a nice day !
Marty
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Checked two main falls, both were almost "bone" dry. Waiting for a lot more rain !