I lost my job

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

ApproachingLight wrote:I only hope it is local.
I'm looking...

Brenda, are there any resources or agencies in the Finger Lakes that deal with Winery/hotel/tourism jobs? I was thinking of spreading my search out more into the finger lakes. If only a place needed a marketing/web person (who can offer a lot more).
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt:
Just suggestions I thought of:
Change your avatar to look like you "NOW". Any interviewer that checks your website out see you as you were!
In any work force, unless you were the CEO, you worked under someone. In responsibilities, "down play your role" "Assisted in the implementation of: .
Except for your Implementation of NYFalls because this is your website and you are the owner.
Rent an efficiency apartment or boarding room? That's basically what you are doing in China!
I keep my ears open in my travels around Syracuse NY. If I hear of anyone looking to add someone to their company? I make it a mental note and pass on to someone I know to possibly help get a better position.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President

Thanks for the tips Marty... Aside from the hair turning white (easily fixed) I look pretty much the same, if not lost a little weight (and possibly height?). I do have to update some pics and clean up my about page to make it a bit more professional.
Luckily, I was pretty independent, and managed my own departments for over a decade, so my initiatives are all my own. I just finished up writing about my design and development initiatives and I did make it a point to specify where I was the architect and product manager, and where I actually did the design work myself.

For those that don't have a clue as to what I do... I have a portfolio I have to keep private for now, but will post it temporarily for a few days so you can get an idea.
I had a great meeting with a cool company today. They are interested and perhaps will set up an actual interview. But from what I gathered, it's at the bottom, and it's not something I feel too great getting into again. But I love what I know so far about the company and people.

The search is in full force. Any help, guidance, referrals is appreciated! I'm exploring everything.
Matt
President
President

For the first time in 15 years I become eligible to register for unemployment, which would help with rent, and peace of mind, while I search for another job.

We're sorry, we are unable to serve you at this time due to technical difficulties or scheduled downtime for internal processing.

:angry:
Matt
President
President

I had a great interview with a tech company and it seems like a great company.
Buuuuut....
2-2 3-2 2-3 Rotating Shift Schedule
Which is very much like a manufacturing or urban police schedule. It doesn't cater at all to a project/objective driven responsibility at all. It also has a way of taking advantage of employees (resulting in 2 hours of overtime per employee per week).
Unfortunately, a lot of what they want me to bring to the table is project-driven initiatives. There's no way I can focus on those projects with an erratic schedule, and projects being interrupted by 2 day stretches. 12 hour days too. Nuts. I'll turn them down. A shame.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Matt,

I heard JP Morgan is hiring for IT in York, NY. Not sure what positions.
Matt
President
President

I will check their website.
I have an interview on monday with a website marketing company.
Then later in the week, It seems I will be going to Hackensack to visit a translation company that wants to hire me.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Des219 wrote:Matt,

I heard JP Morgan is hiring for IT in York, NY. Not sure what positions.
York, NY? I doubt it. :heehee:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic