Public Bathroom Etiquette

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

The mens room in our office building has some strange visitors and behaviors.
Maybe I'm just behind the times here, but how are these acceptable?:

There's one guy that goes into the stall and talks on the phone while he craps. Some days its seems like a girlfriend on the call, but most days it's obvious business. There's an obvious echo in the bathroom. Do these people know he's expelling last night's dinner as he works out deals and makes a dinner date?

Then there's the the guy that tucks and zips on his way from the urinal to the sink.... It's like "hey... dude... can you put that way before facing the door?"
Matt
President
President

We have someone that, on a daily basis, spits their gum into the urinal. I don't quit understand why this particular person decides to give up their gum precisely when they urinate. Or why the literal one foot away trash bin is not the proper place for it. But it fills me with rage for some reason. If I ever catch this person, i will bash their head into the urinal and their gum.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I need to read up on the men's room. Found this and it looks very educational.

http://www.urinalology.net/media/urinalbookv8.pdf

Women don't seem to be pigs. At least not in my limited travels. I always take the stall farthest away from the door. If it's occupied, I go for a middle with no one in either adjacent. I still don't know which is the front and which is the back of the tissue paper seat protector....... :confused:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President

When i work night shifts, and I'm the only one in the building, I pee in the women's room because it's right across the hall vs one floor up. Certainly has a lot less pee on the floor.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

:crap: Federal Agency Tells Employees: No More Feces in the Hallway :crap:
While we remain a divided and deeply partisan country, there’s at least one kind of government waste we could probably all get behind, uh, expunging.

In a memo that would seem equally at home in a kindergarten classroom, management at the EPA’s Denver office reportedly requested staff stop inappropriate bathroom behavior, notably including a demand that an employee stop leaving feces in the hallway.

GovExec obtained the email, sent to staff by Deputy Regional Administrator Howard Cantor, which reportedly refers to “several incidents” of restroom mischief in the office, including “an individual placing feces in the hallway” outside an office bathroom.

Federal managers reached out to workplace violence consultant John Nicoletti—because really, how else would they know this was weird?—who reportedly advised the agency that leaving feces in your workplace hallway is in fact a “very dangerous” health hazard and also kind of poor form in general.

Nicoletti added the offender is likely to “escalate” their actions, so this may not be the last we hear of the EPA’s fecal bandit.

Employees at the office can take some solace in the fact they don’t work for The Social Security Administration Office of Disability Operation in Baltimore, where staffers filed numerous complaints about a colleague’s flatulence and the “terrible smell” associated with it.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President