TV Talk

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I just finished season 3 of Falling Skies, and wow.. I have never seen a TV show fall apart so fast like that before.

I couldn't get into Justified. The "showdown at high noon" scenarios that happen twice an episode got pretty stupid quick. We get it. This is a western. Ok.. you can stop now with these unrealistic showdowns between the sheriff and apparently the whole population of this town that is willing to pull a gun on the sheriff. We get it.

I need more shows to watch.
Matt
President
President

I just finished up the last season of Dexter. I can't say I was satisfied with how it ended. It just seemed...lazy. But it was a good ride.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Horrible ending to an otherwise decent show.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

This is how Clyde Phillips (first season writer and EP) would have ended it. :up:
[spoiler]"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."[/spoiler]
Matt
President
President

I'm excited for this
http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

I was obsessed over this place when i was a kid.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I'm working my way through Cultural Flavors, both because I love cooking and because I'm excited about giving foods from other cultures a try. It's fairly well done - though not perfect - and I'm enjoying it. Just finished Nepal. Too many cuisines use coriander, which is a polite, deceptive, less offensive way of saying the nasty swear word cilantro. :down: :fear:

I tried watching Horaders and it's just waaaaaaaay too depressing. :(

Now that warmer weather is here, my usual series will be - Kelly Does Yardwork.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President

I gave up on hoarders in the first season. Not only repetitive , but just way too many dead cats.

I finished watching VEEP season 2 over the weekend and loved it. First season was OK, but this one really rocked out of the box. Good Stuff.

Also watched the last season of Walking Dead. The show is dumb. It barely has any plot. People are smashing juicy zombies heads repeatedly and don't get a spec of blood on themselves. Everyone, including little toddler girls, can shoot a zombie in the head from 50 yards away, while running. Zombies are moaning, feet dragging, smelly rotting corpses, unless of course they are behind that curtain, or behind one of the characters of the show, when they are completely silent and odorless The characters still haven't learned to constantly watch their back or look behind things. No one acts with any common sense. Despite zombies having the urge to group and be attracted to loud noises, all the characters yell, start an drive cars, shoot their guns, and zombies barely respond unless the plot calls for it. Also, there are a lot more zombies walking randomly through the forest, and coming across one is more common than coming across a live human being in the wood in the middle of nowhere in real life. The sheriff is probably the worst actor in the history of zombie shows, and is out-shined by the acting of every zombie on screen. "Carrrrl... CARRRRRRL!"

Not much else. I'm glad the Goldbergs got renewed because I love that show.