Little Things That Piss You Off

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

While sickening, tax payers aren't footing the bill. It's from revenue that the sports team generates. Granted that money should be reinvested into the school district, and I'm guessing a good portion of it is, while the coach and AD carve out a healthy fee for themselves.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Good point, and probably true...
... but wouldn't that be the case for doctors, district attorneys, comptrollers, tourism directors, urban planners, school presidents, or anyone who heads up revenue-generating areas of government? Far, far, far more revenue.
I guess it would be a supply/demand issue then.

(an example would be that the Texas tourism industry, headed by an employee of the Texas governor's office, which spearheads an industry that supports approximately 550,000 jobs and contributes over $23 billion to the gross state product... a year)
Matt
President
President

After tracking our CANON inkjet printer output and ink purchases for over a year at work, we have decided to ditch it.

Canon claims on the box: "hundreds of pages per cartridge"
Actual (averages): 22 pages per black cart, 16 per color.

What a wonderful model canon has going. Design machines to suck ink into the 2 inch thick sponge at the bottom of the printer. Fill carts with enough ink to print hundreds of near blank pages. Don't even come close to your claims in reality. Hope people don't notice.
In the trash you go. Buying a color laser printer.
Matt
President
President

The thruway authority's choice to switch all the easypass lanes from the rightmost lanes, which it has been since the program was first adopted, to the left lanes and not telling any tagholders. Now every thruway exit is congested with people realizing they are not in the right lane and trying to hop 4-5 lanes. :up: Great job. You run a ****ing road that goes in two directions. How hard can it be to not f*** things up?
hobkyl

Reserve America

Charging 80% of the original reservation fee for a cancellation fee 5 days in advance is absurd! Considering they don't have any stake in the empty campsite, all they do is store all the reservations in a database.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

yeah.. and from what i hear, people call last minute to try to book ALL THE TIME... it's not like they are losing out on a booking.
I would just dispute the charge through your credit card. Some times they just let you win without dispute.
hobkyl

Last year I got a walk up site in the Catskills. It was booked full (200+ sites) for months in advance. I got there and had my choice between 13 sites. So they got my money as well as whoever cancelled.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Cancellations
If you cancel your reservation you will be assessed fees. It's important to know the closer to your arrival date you cancel, the less money you will receive back as a refund.
Cancelling 8 days or more prior to arrival - Reservation fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00
Cancelling 7 days or less prior to arrival - Reservation fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00 + the cost of the first nights stay. (this amount varies based on the cost of your site). Please note: All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
To cancel a reservation prior to your scheduled arrival, you can cancel online or contact the Reservation Center at 1-800-456-2267. To cancel a reservation within 1 day of arrival (OPRHP facilities) or 2 days of your arrival (DEC facilities) you must call the park.
I'm sorry, but it's pretty clear.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com