Gleasman's Falls

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

A three mile hike will get you to these falls, classified at a modest height for the dacks their located on the Independence River east of Lowville. The river passes thru a narrow gorge with the trail about 50 feet above. A total of four different falls makes it worth the trip.
I did this near mid day and left the tripod at camp.

Three falls

Rock out crop

A small fall

Top of the main Fall

Most of the main fall

Looking down the main fall
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Nice Jim! Ah...I hear the mountains calling! Wish I could visit them more.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

hobkyl wrote:Nice Jim! Ah...I hear the mountains calling! Wish I could visit them more.

same here I don't get up enought.
So when are you heading up for mor 46er?

I started the 35's last weekend will post picks soon
my flickr gallery
46er interview
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Great photos... a lot of water action.. i love to see that in pics of falls
americanhero
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Canon S95, Canon D10, Nikon D90

great shots :up:
Looks really like a wonderful area. I should plan a visit to the area for the next couple of weeks.
Yvonne Baur Photography

my photo stream on flickr: Yvonne Baur
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Hopefully making a trip up late Sept early Oct if all pans out. Thinking Big Slide for sure, and still debating on the other day. I'd like to tackle one or two of the more difficult ones this year. Cliff-Redfield, Allen, or a hike in the Santis, Sewards, or Dix.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Nice shots, never been over that way, looks like I should make the trip....
LGD
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks everyone, need to get on the other side to get a good shot of the main falls. I had my neices with me thus I didn't try and cross.

hobkyl wrote:Hopefully making a trip up late Sept early Oct if all pans out. Thinking Big Slide for sure, and still debating on the other day. I'd like to tackle one or two of the more difficult ones this year. Cliff-Redfield, Allen, or a hike in the Santis, Sewards, or Dix.
If you go for Big Slide you can make it a round trip by going up over Yard and down the brothers, I did it in the winter had a nice hike.When you go for Cliff-Redfield throw in Skylight and Gray too. Stay in the leanto around the Uphill area (it's a long hike in for two might as well stay and get four). Allen is a day hike in itself. The Santis you can get all three but bring extra water, no watering hole on top. You can get three of the four in the Sewards, Seymour is out from the rest (another day hike). Dix can be done a few ways we did Dix in the winter from route 73 then finished on the rest of the range in the fall.

If you want some company let me know when you plan on hiking and if I'm free I'll join ya.
my flickr gallery
46er interview