West Branch Gorge

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

Looking for info on the waterfalls on the West Branch of the Sacandaga River. I’m finding mixed info 4 to 5 waterfalls, running cascades with small waterfalls, best scenic place in the Southern Dacks and so on. I hiked thru their when I did the Northville Lake Placid trail and always wanted to come back to these falls. Judging from the mixed info I think it’s time we (NY Falls) get a group together and check this out!! Cold brook creek also has a waterfall on it plus Jimmy falls is closer to Wells. I’m thinking about making it an overnighter which involves camping and packing all you need for the event. Do I have any takers out their? Thinking late August or early September.
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Have you checked Russel Dunn's book on 'Dack book?
http://www.nyfalls.com/article-interview-russell.html
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

I don't have any of his books, in fact I only have one book on waterfalls and it's not good. More fun to read maps or find them when hiking!
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview