Greenwood Creek

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

Greenwood Creek State Forest is located just off route 3 in the town of Pitcairn. There are three cascading falls around 6 feet tall each. It’s a nice quite place with a state picnic area and camping on the other side of the road. This would be a place to stop and stretch if traveling from the west. More info at the DEC’s website Greenwood Creek.

Lower Falls

Closeup Lower Falls

Middle Falls

Closeup Middle Falls

Upper Falls
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

just when i think I'm getting close to catching up, you spring more on me.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I bet there's literally hundreds of falls in the Adirondacks. You'll never be caught up with that region. ;)
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

cbobcat49 wrote:I bet there's literally hundreds of falls in the Adirondacks. You'll never be caught up with that region. ;)
how right you are Chris, and many with no name.

In the Adirondack Explorer "2009 Outing Guide" they have a artical called "pedaling back in time" which starts and ends in Degrasse(not far from Greenwood) it's a 40 mile bike ride and they list the following falls: Twin Falls, Basford Falls, Sinclair Falls, Bulkhead Falls, Rainbow Falls, Copper Rock Falls, Cooks Corners(also known as Windfall), Newton Falls (I belive man made it's on a reservoir)
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview