Attempt to hike Mt. Colden

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

We had snowshoes with crampons but still the idea of being faced with a 10' or so ice wall did not sound appealing, and luckily our friend agreed. I've never done the trail, I was just going by what others on ADK forum sites have said. And I'm not complaining because doing Algonquin was a more rewarding hike in my opinion.

I guess I was scared the camera could break at such cold temps thats why I didnt dare take it out. I left it in the car bundled in fleece sweaters. I have a Jetboil, and when I pulled it out of my pack to make some soup it had a frost on it, I imagine my camera could have looked the same had I brought it with me. There's always next time.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Matt wrote:wow... that was in deep.
Yeah luckily he turned the wheel some otherwise we would have been in those trees. Who needs caffeine? Just let your crazy brother drive, and you'll get all the adreline you need to wake up!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook