Pictures of the Adirondacks

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

This is the way I like to see the Adirondacks.

Skylight, Marcy, Haystack

Skylight and Marcy

Marcy close up

Haystack with little Haystack behind and left

Boreas Pounds
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I love panoramic shots. That last one is great!
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

very nice!
cbobcat49

Some shots of a spot on the Ausable River where the water calmed down quite a bit. Just upstream from Beaver Meadow Falls. Downstream from there, this stream is a raging torrent. While we were walking through here I heard and saw a huge splash in the water but didn't see what caused it. A beaver or otter possibly.

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
cbobcat49

Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Chris, is there a trail here or is it a creek walk? Also, how long of a walk and where did you park? Thanks, Dave.
cbobcat49

It is a trail. There is a parking lot just outside the Ausable Club off route 73. Walk through the club grounds. (try to avoid getting sneered at) At the extreme west of the property. There's an ornate wooden gate where the trail system starts. This is the Adirondack Mountain Reserve which is owned by the Ausable Club but they allowe public access. There's free detailed maps at this gate as well if memory serves me right.

Chris
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Chris, thank you for the information. If you had never been to the ADKs would this be a place that you would recommend? Or is there another place that you prefer? My wife and I are planning a trip late August and are deciding between Niagara US+Canada or the ADKs. We would probably be there two full days. She is not a camper so we would be staying in a Hotel so that is a consideration too.

Thanks, Dave