Destiny USA

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Laughable Advertisement that makes this horrible mall experience seem like a life-changing event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px03m6GLDg0

I've been there and "experienced" the terrible parking and chaos of brainless crowds stuffing into the same ol' shops I can visit in my local mall. I guess I didn't show up at the right time (when all the beautiful models were out shopping for clothes, guys were break-dancing in front of the Apple store, and gangs of kids were running towards to ridiculously overpriced family fun center).

"...is this possible? It takes vision, and imagination, and courage to do something that has never been done. What it takes is sheer will and uncompromising beliefs.

Anyways, the sappiness of the ad spot makes me love it so much.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Oh, so that's what it is? A mall? I saw a billboard that said something like "Destiny USA... blah blah blah... something something" but didn't actually say what it was, and only mentioned in passing that whatever this was, it was in Syracuse. I thought I was just too uncool to already know what it was, which is what the billboard inferred, and wasn't intrigued enough to go looking for what it might be.

Mystery solved.
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Yep. Just a Mall. A bigger one, but not the biggest... with a lot of empty spaces. And a lot of business that will tank (because they signed on when plans were much bigger). But overall, just a mall.
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

A mall built on highly contaminated land from the old Oil City complex of petroleum tank farms and Solvay waste from the production of soda ash. A mall built with huge tax credits from New York's Brownfield program for a site that would have been cleaned up anyway.