Center at High Falls to close - Rochester

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Rochester’s official visitor center, the Center at High Falls in the historic Brown’s Race District, will close June 30, city officials and the Center’s director confirmed Sunday night.

“I’m sorry to share sad news, but this week I was officially notified that the Center at High Falls will effectively close June 30,” the center’s longtime director, Sally Wood Winslow, posted on the center’s website last week. “While no reasons were given, we all know the budget is of primary concern in every city department.”
More: Rochester's Center at High Falls to close in June
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

A wonderful area of Rochester strangled by the city and parking enforcement. It could be a great tax base for the city if they had the right planners.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I thought residential and business office zoning was working over there. It's shame that the museum is closing. It was really well-done. And the upstairs gallery regularly had art and photography shows. I wonder where all that stuff will go. I'll have to get there before it closes and snap pics of all the historical photos and charts and stuff.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I'm sure that the res/bus zoning has worked, but it didn't do anything to bring visitors to the area. The area should be a mini Clifton Hill with free parking. Restaurants, nightlife, attractions...etc. Perhaps it would be behoove of Genesee to take over the museum since that's all that left to visit in the immediate area.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

It sounds like the historical exhibits, at least, are going to be moved to the Rundel Library.
More here: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... ors-center
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic