Finger Lakes Cork & Fork

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

This Fall, Eat & Drink the Best of the Finger Lakes.

If you love the food, produce and wines of the Finger Lakes Region of New York State, this is your can’t-miss event of the year!

The 2011 Finger Lakes Cork & Fork® will be held on beautiful Rodman Lott & Son Farms located at 2973 Route 414 on the edge of Seneca Falls and parking is free both Friday and Saturday. Parking attendants will be there to assist you.

Friday, September 16: Partners & Pairings VIP Event, 6:30pm - 9:30pm ($50 Advance sale tickets only)
An intimate tapas & wine pairing event, complete with live music.

Saturday, September 17: Cork & Fork Main Event, 10am - 5pm (Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door)
Immerse yourself in the tastes of the Finger Lakes at this all day event. Sixty exhibitors comprised of the region’s finest wineries, farms, food producers, restaurants and chefs will be sampling and selling their very best.

Preparing & Pairing team cooking demonstrations will be given over the course of the day, pairing the producer of the raw ingredients – be it a farm or food producer – with the chef and the winery that offers the best wine to pair with the dish to demonstrate the full culinary experience – from the field to the preparation to its presentation.

All dishes served and demonstrated at the event will use local ingredients in their preparation. Get the recipes and all the local ingredients you need to make them under one roof.

A complimentary food and wine valet will be available to assist you with your purchases. The first 1000 attendees will receive a complimentary “bling bag” that contains a glass, fork, plate and napkin along with other area goodies.

"Sip local wines and beverages. Sample locally grown produce and locally produced foods. Taste dishes prepared by the area’s finest restaurants and chefs, and that feature these local products. Learn how to use our local bounty to prepare masterful dishes. Discover how to pair your foods with the right wines to bring out all the best flavors. And best of all, you can buy everything you need to create a locally produced feast all in one spot!"

For more information visit: Finger Lakes Cork & Fork
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I need to find a girlfriend because I would love to go to these things, but going alone is so lame.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II

I know what you mean. I'm going alone as a volunteer, and it's uncomfortable for me. I have to force myself to do these things.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II

Tickets are on sale now for Finger Lakes Cork & Fork 2012. It's pretty much the same as last year, except that this year I'm not volunteering. It's Sept. 14th and 15th, and if you buy tickets for the Friday evening event you also get admission on Saturday. I can't even begin to stress how much fun this event is!!! My biggest problem will be controlling my spending on Saturday, because there will be so many awesome vendors! The best part is that it's all indoors so the weather isn't a factor (beyond the walk from the parking area). They even have a package valet so all of your purchases can be stored until you drive up to have your car loaded! How cool is that?
:yahoo: :party: :yum: :wine: