Constellation Brands unveils $16.5M expansion

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Victor-based Constellation Brands Inc. unveiled its multimillion dollar expansion in Canandaigua on Tuesday.

The project included $7.5 million in updates to its Canandaigua winery, as well as a $9 million, 190,000-square-foot warehouse and distribution center that will serve as its centralized East Coast distribution hub.
more here:
http://www.rbj.net/article.asp?aID=187795

Reminds me of the former Finger Lakes Wine Industry (prior to the 70s) when large distributors dominated the vineyards and local growers found more profit in reselling grapes to the large wineries, who then bottled it under national brands.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

I had forgotten about this until I read your post, Matt.
Constellation Brands donates 66 acres on Canandaigua Lake
Property goes to Ithaca-based Finger Lakes Land Trust
6:06 PM, Jun. 3, 2011
Written by
Bennett J. Loudon

Victor-based Constellation Brands Inc. has donated about 66 acres at the south end of Canandaigua Lake to the Finger Lakes Land Trust.

The former vineyard in the Yates County town of Italy is next to the High Tor state wildlife management area. The land is designated as an "Important Bird Area" by the National Audubon Society.

Constellation Brands is one of the world's largest wine and spirits companies. The Land Trust is a non-profit organization based in Ithaca that works with land owners and communities to conserve lands in the region.

"We thought this would be a great opportunity to make this donation to a well-respected organization. It fits well with our objectives for preserving the land," said Angela D. Howland, Constellation's director of corporate communications.

The donated land has not been used for grape production for about 15 years. There are still vines on the property, but many have fallen over and brush has grown around them, said Andy Zepp, executive director of the Land Trust.

The Land Trust will develop a management plan for the property using input from the community and state officials, he said.

"The goals are to make it accessible to the public, to enhance the value as a wildlife habitat, and to maintain the scenic views," Zepp said.

"I think it reflects their commitment to the community. We're thrilled with the gift," he said.

"This is an area that had development potential," he said.
http://www.theithacajournal.com/article ... aigua-Lake
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

:up: