Roc City Skatepark

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Has anyone caught the commercial for the Roc City Skatepark? I'd like to think I watch too much tv, however I only just saw the commercial yesterday. The fundraising event is tomorrow.

Do you know of a skater/bmxer? Do you think that a park of such grand scale would make sense here?

http://www.roccitypark.org/about.html
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

i agree with the location. Whether or not families will take their kids there is another issue.
Eddiebauer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 7d Canon Rebel xti

The town I live in put one in a few years back. It wasn't like you would see on the competions on tv but did offer many different types of quater pipes and such. It lasted about two years and without much interest they shut it down.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I kinda have the gut feeling that's exactly what will happen in Rochester. As Matt said...parents getting their kids there will be the determining factor as to if it lasts...as I don't think (could be wrong) that there is a thriving population of skaters/bmxers living in close proximity to that location.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

suburban parents are deathly afraid of the city. It's a sad truth... they barely drive their kids in to see the Museum of Play.