(585) 247-1690

Gates, near Cinemark, Tinseltown
2235 Buffalo Rd
Rochester, NY 14624
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I used to hit up diners all the time, but had some bad experiences 4-5 years ago that turned me off almost completely to them.

I still go to Pixley's and I'm glad to see them doing well considering that Steak and Lube that moved in next door.

Relaxing decor and clean environment set this one apart from toher diners. There are some great diners in Rochester, but they are either bustling, or out of the way for me. I like Pixleys because of their low tone interior, friendly staff, and quiet comfortable seating.

Menu is standard diner cuisine with (of course) some Greek dishes mixed in. Specials are plentiful and have a lot of variety. Coffee is excellent.

50% of the time, I will get the Souvlaki Dinner: tender marinated chicken breast cutlets over pilaf,served with a greek salad and toasted pita. This salad never disappoints. It's packed full of goodies.

The rest of the time, I go for the toasted paninis on the back. A full page of hot sandwiches they created for every palette. Honestly, I could try them all, but I like the chicken parm and the beef on weck

You can always substitute fries (the standard side) with something more healthy. Never had that denied at this place.

Food comes out quick, fresh, and hot.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I enjoyed my one visit here. Did I have a panini? It was almost certainly Greek.I don't recall exactly, which is odd. Anyway, I recall joking around with the server, which is always a plus. She told me I looked young....which will generally never get you a bad review from me! I can't find fault with anything here other than that I prefer a little more ambiance - but for a diner, it's a nice one. :up: Would I return if I was in the area? Sure!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic