5. Perfect
No votes

Total votes: 1
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

http://www.geneseebeer.com/brew-house

This newish bar and grill at the Genesee Brewery gets a lot of business. I went there with a small group on a typical weekday for lunch.

First, the menu... hamburgers, hotdogs, pulled pork, chicken strips, etc. all the shit i can get off the kids menu of Denny's.
I wan't excited for anything on the menu. Especially at those prices... $9 zweigles hot dog? If you are going to charge me $9 for a hot dog, don't tell me it's the same brand I can buy for 50 cents at the supermarket, and act like it's some high quality piece of meat. And no... putting some honey mustard on it and telling me what overpriced beer will go with it does not justify $9.

Menu aside, I have never in my life waited an hour and a half for service. I wanted to leave but the group did not come to a concensus, so we stayed and waited it out. Even as people around us got up and left in frustration, we stuck it out. "You food is coming right out," our waiter said repeatedly. Even the beautiful view of High Falls wasn't enough. This place is out of order. Broken. In no way does the quality of food, the cstellar view, and the hipster "hey, I'm a brewery and that's trendy now" feel they so desperately try to have, would convince me to ever come back. An hour and a half to get somethingon par with a Bill Grays fast order.
I had the pulled pork. It was flavorless and soggy, with barely an ounce of meat. It was served with "Homestyle chips" -- also soggy with oil. 9 bucks for that.

For some of us in our section of the restaurant, it was the first time at the brewery. For ALL of us, it wuld be out last. Avoid.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

ohhhh man,

I love this place. Where can you go and have a meal in front of a significant waterfall. I think they are suffering from success. I know some people over there. They sunk a ton of money into it. An accountant, let's say, would never have approved it. So sorry you had a bad experience.

Family went, got a growler of Genny Cream Ale which the kids fell in love with. Took two home. The 3 oz beer tasting as a part of the museum brought smiles to all.Come on, beer in a museum! Service was ok, you are right on costs/food value. But dang i am a lover of waterfalls. I was a pig in mud, happy to escape to the porch twice for the view.

Maybe give it one more chance...

David
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Sounds horrible. I clicked your link to see their website. WTF? I need to tell them my date of birth just to get past their arrogant home page? No thanks. They can go to hell. It's not the kind of place I'd likely visit anyway ----- but now I definitely won't.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I need to tell them my date of birth just to get past their arrogant home page? No thanks.
Yeah. That's always irked me about various microbrew websites I've visited.
"Hey look, we're SO serious about preventing underage drinking that you're not even allowed to see our website if you're not 21."

But of course you can just enter any 21+ year birthdate and it will let you in.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

David, agreed, the view is THE BEST view of High Falls. They just need to get a new chef in to redesign the menu. There's no way the service should be that bad with only a 2 page menu. And there's no way those prices should be that high.

I didn't get a chance to see the museum, and I'll have to return just for that.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Read the exact opposite review on facebook. I guess some people are easy to please. Based on your review, I will be avoiding it.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook